Availability of Institute Prospectus and last date for submission of admission applications to DAE programs are published in the print media every year. The admission process generally started after declaration of Secondary School Certificate result. Admissions are sought purely on merit policy notified by the Board of Technical Education and duly approved by the Principals in prospectus meeting held every year. Merit for admission is developed on the basis of marks obtained in the Secondary School Certificate (SSC)/Technical School Certificate (TSC)/G-II Examinations.
Admission to DAE program in Government Polytechnic Institute Sardar Garhi, Peshawar shall be opened to the candidate fulfilling the following criteria.
1. Secondary School Certificate (SSC)/Technical School Certificate (TSC) with Science.
2. Technical School Certificate (TSC). (Specified seats also).
3. Two Years Vocational/G-Il level certificate with SSC Science (Specified seats only).
4. “E” grade is not eligible.
5. Those candidates who passed in the subsequent supplementary examination are also not eligible for admission.
6. CNIC of Father or Form-B of the candidate must be of the respective area for which admission is solicited.
7. Government employee’s sons/wards are eligible for admission against open merit seats irrespective of CNIC; provided that they are serving in any Government Department in District Peshawar. Government employees shall affix the original service certificates at the time of submission of the admission form.
8. NOC from the competent authority is mandatory for Government servants.
9. Merit list shall be prepared on the basis of marks secured in SSC/TSC examinations
The age limit is 16-25 years for admission to first-year classes on the closing date of submission of application forms. The competent authority may grant relaxation up to two years in the upper age limit for which the applicant shall have to deposit Rs. 600/- or fee notified the competent authority from time to time in addition to the normal admission fee.
Technology Wise Allocation of seats for Regular Morning Shift
|S.#||Name of Quota||Civil||Electrical||Electronics||Total|
|01||a) District Peshawar/Son of Government Employees Serving in Peshawar having SSC/TSC Qualification||52||42||–||94|
|b) District Peshawar & Nowshera/Son of Government Employees Serving in Peshawar having SSC/TSC Qualification||–||–||42||42|
|03||G-II or Two Year Vocational||02||02||02||06|
|04||Employees of Technical Education ( Real Sons/Brothers)||01||01||01||03|
|05||GPI/GCT Peshawar Employees (Real Sons/Brothers)||02||02||02||06|
- Note-1: First priority shall be given to real son. In case of availability of seats real brothers of the employees shall be considered for admission in the technology where seat is fallen vacant.
- Note-2: All the seats shall be filled purely on merit from the quota reserved from each category however, in case of seats fallen vacant due to obvious reasons, it can be filled 1 from open merit and then from other districts as well for optimum utilization of resources.
- 2% seats reserved for disabled person having valid certificate from social welfare department,
Technology Wise Allocation of seats for Second Shift
|01||Open Merit Seats (Section A)||60||50||50||160|
|02||Open Merit Seats (Section B)||60||–||–||60|
- All the seats in second shift shall be filled on open merit subject to candidate is citizen of Pakistan.
- Age limit is 16-25 years.
1. Open merit candidates shall submit their admission forms directly in the admission office of the institute.
2. Candidates other than merit shall submit their admission forms through the proper channel.
3. Retired and in-service employees shall submit original service certificates from their employers.
4. Son of deceased employees of Technical Education Department are also eligible for admission.
5. Real sons shall be preferred over real brothers.
6. All the government employees desirous for admission shall obtain NOC from the con authorities.
7. Shop Assistants and attendants are allowed to apply in 2nd shift on a normal fee subject to fulfillment of admission criteria of DAE.
8. Reserved categories shall apply directly to the Principal of the institute before the closing date.
9. Candidates seeking admission against the sports quota shall submit sports certificates in addition to secondary school certificate.
Other Important Instructions
- Admission is strictly made on merit basis.
- Seat left vacant in any category shall be filled through open merit.
- Promotion forms shall be provided by the students being promoted to higher classes.
- Promotion fee shall be realized within a period of one month. In case of default, notices shall be served to the students and parents. A fine of Rs. 10/- per day shall be imposed on a student and might be struck off from roll of the institute.
- Admission to Vocational/G-Il candidates shall be granted in accordance to their trades
• Provisional merit list shall be prepared and displayed on institute notice board before three days of displaying of final merit list for addressing complaints by the candidates.
• Final merit list and dates of interview (Schedule) shall be displayed on the institute notice board and no separate call letters shall be issued to candidates.
• 10 marks per year shall be deducted from candidates passed before the annual examination 2021.
• 20 marks shall be added to Hafiz-e-Quran on the production of Hifz Certificate from a registered madrasa plus passing of Hifz test.
• When two candidates have the same marks in SSC/TSC or G-ll, preference shall be given to can to the elder one
- Selected candidates must be present with parents/guardians on the date and time of interview scheduled by the institute.
- Candidates must bring original documents for verification on the date of the interview.
- Candidates must bring approved fee and deposit fee on the same day otherwise their admission shall be treated as cancelled and the next candidate on merit shall be entertained.
- If a candidate standing in merit comes late, or remains absent on the date/time of interview himself shall be held responsible for loosing choice of Technology, however, he can be ad in any other technology of his choice; provided that seats are available in that technology.
- Technology once allotted shall be final
Availability of institute prospectus …